CCAonline, Inc. Acceptable Use Policy
It is intent of CCAonline, Inc.to provide our customers with the best wireless Internet service possible. In order to accomplish this task, we have adopted this Acceptable Use Policy (the “AUP” or “Policy”). This Policy outlines acceptable use of the CCAonline, Inc. Wireless Internet service, as well as permissible and prohibited conduct for using the Service to access the Internet. This Policy, including its customer use restrictions, is in addition to the restrictions contained in the CCAonline, Inc. Customer Installation Service Agreement and Terms of Service. All capitalized terms used in this AUP that are not defined here have the meanings given to them in the Service Agreement.
It is the responsibility of all CCAonline, Inc. Wireless Internet customers and all others who have access to the CCAonline, Inc. network (“customer,” “you,” or “your”), to comply with this AUP. As a Service customer, it is your responsibility to secure your computer equipment so that it is not subject to external threats such as viruses, spam, and other methods of intrusion. Failure to comply with these or any other policies could result in the suspension or termination of your Service. If you do not agree to comply with all of these policies including the AUP, you must immediately stop use of the Service and notify CCAonline, Inc. so that your account may be closed.
Please Note: CCAonline, Inc. reserves the right to immediately terminate the Service and the Subscriber Agreement if you engage in any of the prohibited activities listed in this AUP or if you use the Equipment or Service in a way which is contrary to any policies. You must strictly adhere to any policy set forth by another service provider accessed through the Service.
- PROHIBITED USES AND ACTIVITIES
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, using the Service, Customer Equipment or equipment supplied by CCAonline, Inc. to:
- using the Service in a manner intended to abuse or violate the privacy or property rights of others, including but not limited to sending of unsolicited bulk email “spamming”; the suspension or termination which will result from spamming is entirely separate from and in addition to the fees which will be placed on your account due to such activity;
- undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal or international law, order or regulation;
- access any other person’s computer or computer system, software, or data without their knowledge and consent; breach the security of another user; or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other hosts, networks, or accounts;
- use or distribute tools designed or used for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, decoders, password gatherers, unauthorized keystroke loggers, analyzers, cracking tools, packet sniffers, encryption circumvention devices, or Trojan Horse programs. Network probing or port scanning tools are only permitted when used in conjunction with a residential home network, or if explicitly authorized by the destination host and/or network. Unauthorized port scanning, for any reason, is strictly prohibited;
- using the Service to engage in any form of Denial of Service attacks, which are defined as overburdening a recipient computer system by sending a high volume of spurious data which effectively impedes or totally disables functionality of the recipient system(s) or their connectivity, including but not limited to syn flood attacks and smurfing;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of, or distribute in any way information, software or other material obtained through the Service or otherwise that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of the owner;
- copy, distribute, or sublicense any software provided in connection with the Service by CCAonline, Inc. or any third party, except that you may make one copy of each software program for backup purposes only;
- restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to use or enjoy the Service, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to send or retrieve information;
- restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or otherwise disrupt or cause a performance degradation, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to the Service or any CCAonline, Inc. (or CCAonline, Inc. supplier) host, server, backbone network, node or service, or otherwise cause a performance degradation to any CCAonline, Inc. (or CCAonline, Inc. supplier) facilities used to deliver the Service;
- resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the Premises the ability to use the Service (i.e. wi-fi, or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, or on a bundled or unbundled basis. The Service is for use by only you, and you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet service provider or as an endpoint on a non-CCAonline, Inc. local area network or wide area network;
- transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages or “spam.” This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures;
- send numerous copies of the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages which contain no substantive content, or send very large messages or files to a recipient that disrupts a server, account, newsgroup, or chat service;
- Using the Service to promote competing Internet services;
- distribute programs that remove locks or time-outs built into software (cracks);
- run programs, equipment, or servers from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises LAN (Local Area Network), also commonly referred to as public services or servers. Examples of prohibited services and servers include, but are not limited to, e-mail, Web hosting, file sharing, and proxy services and servers;
- initiate, perpetuate, or in any way participate in any pyramid or other illegal soliciting scheme;
- participate in the collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice sometimes known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity;
- impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else’s digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- service, alter, modify, or tamper with the CCAonline, Inc. Equipment or Service or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by CCAonline, Inc.;
- connect the CCAonline, Inc. Equipment to any computer outside of your Premises;
- attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user or any host on the Internet;
- collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their consent;
- interfere with computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abuse of operator privileges and attempts to “crash” a host; and
- violate the rules, regulations, or policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, or Web site that you access.
- furnishing false data on your signup form, contract, or online application, including providing fraudulent credit card or other payment information.
- You agree not to access or attempt to access private areas of the Service. You agree to notify CCAonline, Inc. as soon as you become aware of an unauthorized use of your account and/or any breach or attempted breach of security on the Service.
- You are responsible for any misuse of the Service, even if the misuse was committed by a friend, family member, or guest with access to your Service account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not use your account to gain unauthorized access to the Service by, for example, strictly maintaining the confidentiality of your Service login and password. In all cases, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you choose to connect to the Service, including any data stored or shared on that device.
- CCAonline, Inc. recommends against enabling file or printer sharing unless you do so in strict compliance with all security recommendations and features provided by CCAonline, Inc. and the manufacturer of the applicable file or printer sharing devices. Any files or devices you choose to make available for shared access on a home LAN, for example, should be protected with a strong password or as otherwise appropriate.
- NETWORK, BANDWIDTH, DATA STORAGE AND OTHER LIMITATIONS
- CCAonline, Inc. may provide versions of the Service with different speeds and bandwidth usage limitations, among other characteristics, subject to applicable Service plans. You shall ensure that your use of the Service does not restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or degrade any other user’s use of the Service, nor represent (in the sole judgment of CCAonline, Inc.) an overly large burden on the network. In addition, you shall ensure that your use of the Service does not restrict, inhibit, interfere with, disrupt, degrade, or impede CCAonline, Inc. ability to deliver and provide the Service and monitor the Service, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network services.
- You further agree to comply with all CCAonline, Inc. network, bandwidth, and data storage and usage limitations. You shall ensure that your bandwidth consumption using the Service does not exceed the limitations that are now in effect or may be established in the future. If your use of the Service results in the consumption of bandwidth in excess of the applicable limitations, that is a violation of this Policy. In such cases, CCAonline, Inc. may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your Service account or request that you subscribe to a version of the Service with higher bandwidth usage limitations if you wish to continue to use the Service at higher bandwidth consumption levels.
- In addition, you may only access and use the Service with a dynamic Internet Protocol (“IP”) address that adheres to the dynamic host configuration protocol (“DHCP”). You may not configure the Service or any related equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than DHCP unless you are subject to a Service plan that expressly permits otherwise.
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- CCAonline, Inc. does not undertake to examine or review messages, files, or other materials which are accessible through, pass through, or reside on the Service. If CCAonline, Inc. is informed of an alleged copyright or trademark infringement on the Service, CCAonline, Inc. will attempt to notify the affected Subscriber(s) of those allegations and secure a response. CCAonline, Inc. will cooperate with any Law Enforcement Agency which supplies proper credentials and legal basis. CCAonline, Inc. may, at its sole discretion, remove on a temporary or permanent basis materials which CCAonline, Inc. believes may create, constitute, or contribute to copyright or trademark infringements. You agree not to assert any claims against CCAonline, Inc. for any such removal.
- CCAonline, Inc. is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws, and requires all customers and users of the Service to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. It is CCAonline, Inc. policy in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws to reserve the right to terminate the Service provided to any customer or user who is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers, or who CCAonline, Inc. believes in its sole discretion is infringing these rights. CCAonline, Inc. may terminate the Service at any time with or without notice for any affected customer or user.
- Copyright owners may report alleged infringements of their works that are stored on the Service or the Personal Web Features by sending CCAonline, Inc. authorized agent a notification of claimed infringement that satisfies the requirements of the DMCA. Upon CCAonline, Inc. receipt of a satisfactory notice of claimed infringement for these works, CCAonline, Inc. will respond expeditiously to either directly or indirectly
- remove the allegedly infringing work(s) stored on the Service or the Personal Web Features or
- disable access to the work(s). CCAonline, Inc. will also notify the affected customer or user of the Service of the removal or disabling of access to the work(s). If the affected customer or user believes in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then that person may send a counter notification to CCAonline, Inc.. Upon CCAonline, Inc. receipt of a counter notification. In all events, you expressly agree that CCAonline, Inc. will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
- You agree that use of the Service is at your own risk. Except for information, products, or services clearly identified as being supplied by CCAonline, Inc., neither CCAonline, Inc. nor any of its affiliates controls, provides, operates, or is in any way responsible for any information, products, or services accessible through the Service. CCAonline, Inc. neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy of such material, and you agree that CCAonline, Inc. is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your use of, or reliance on, such material.
- You understand and agree that you have sole responsibility for your posting of any material to any site or forum on the Internet, including but not limited to postings to web sites, whether residing on CCAonline, Inc.’s Equipment or not, postings to forums, and participation in any online chat sessions or message boards. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCAonline, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, and other customers and subscribers from and against any claims, losses, costs, liability, damages or expenses arising out of your postings.
- You agree to be liable for any damages or loss of service which results in damages to CCAonline, Inc. as a result of any spamming or other violations of Section 5 above. These damages include, but are not limited to, system shut downs, retaliatory attacks or data flooding, and loss of peering arrangements. You agree that CCAonline, Inc. may pursue any such claims against you in District Court in Logan County, Illinois.
- You understand and agree that information and access available through the Service may include controversial, sexually explicit, or other material that may be offensive to you or users for whom you are responsible. CCAonline, Inc. has no responsibility for or control over such materials, and you take sole responsibility for using any available screening software or other methods of limiting access (specifically including the access of minors) to any material you may find objectionable.
- CCAonline, Inc. commits to follow the controlling Federal and state laws respecting Subscriber privacy and data access. CCAonline, Inc. will not provide names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other personally identifiable information on any Subscriber to any third party without prior permission from that Subscriber, or under an appropriate court or administrative directive. CCAonline, Inc. may access and use individual Subscriber information in the operation of the Service and as necessary to protect the Service. CCAonline, Inc. may provide aggregate data on Subscribers to third parties. CCAonline, Inc. will not release passwords or other account information to anyone other than the account signee. CCAonline, Inc. will take whatever measures are judged reasonable at the sole discretion of CCAonline, Inc. to confirm the identity of the signee.
- You agree that any dispute between you and CCAonline, Inc. arising out of your use of the Service on in any way based upon your subscription to and/or use of the Service which cannot be resolved between you and CCAonline, Inc. will be submitted by the aggrieved party for binding arbitration under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association. Any demand for arbitration under this Section must be filed with the American Arbitration Association’s office in Springfield, Illinois. The arbitration must be held in Lincoln, Illinois and the arbitrator must be a person with experience in online services operation or law.
- These Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policies may be changed at any time and for any reason by CCAonline, Inc.. Revised terms and policies will be posted at https://ccaonline.com/about/aup. Revised terms and policies are binding on you as soon as they are posted. If you do not wish to continue subscribing to the Service under any revised terms and policies, inform CCAonline, Inc. at once, and your account will be closed, with a refund of any credit amount on your account as of the date of account closure.
601 Keokuk St.
Lincoln, IL 62656